If you need to travel, try more active ways of travelling around the City like walking and cycling.
Considering swapping your journey to boost your mood and your step count? Here’s how you can do it. 👇
Make it part of your day
Fitting walking or cycling into your day may be easier than you think. 😄
If you can, get off a stop early to walk the rest of your journey, take a relaxing stroll home, or hop on a cycle and enjoy some exercise on one of our cycle routes.
You’ll see so much more of London, and who knows – you might discover a new way to get to work or find a nice walk to do at the weekend! 👍
Plan your journey
Plan your walking and cycling route with ease using our handy tools. 👇
- Plan your journey helps you to find out how to get from A to B. Choose walking speeds, or easy, moderate or fast cycle routes. 🗺️
- Our TfL Go app helps you plan your walking or cycling journey on the move. 📱
- Use our cycle map to find cycle friendly routes and Santander docking stations all over London. 🚲
- Check journeys that are quicker to walk between lots of central London stations and see walking times and steps. ⏱️
- See walks between shops and attractions in the West End that are less than 20 minutes. 🛍️
- Use Nearby to see a map of where you are, search for the nearest Santander Cycle docking station and check how many cycles are available. 🚴
- Look out for Legible London maps. Blue and yellow signs on streets across London give you walking directions for short journeys. ↗️
Explore at your leisure
Whether you have your own cycle or want to join the thousands of people using Santander Cycles every day, you can explore London with our leisure routes and Cycleways. We’ve also got some ideas for getting active in your neighbourhood – you don’t have to travel far to find great walks, cycle routes and parks. 🌳
If walking is more your thing, we’ve got:
- Inspiring ways to start walking
- 7 interesting walks that will take you all over the City
- Spectacular short walks for if you’re stuck for time
- Wonderful walks through parks
- Tips to help you get walking mindfully
Wherever you’re headed, boost your mood and your step count with our walking playlists.
Streets with more space for you
We widened lots of pavements, created new cycle routes, introduced Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, and there’s more to come! 👏
Hire Santander Cycles
Santander Cycles are an easy way to give cycling in London a go. You can hire a Santander Cycle from as little as £2!
To get the best value, sign up for annual membership for £90 – that’s a year of cycling for less than 25p a day!
Download our Santander Cycles app for quick access to cycles and your chance to win prizes with our London Riders scheme. 📱