Why not try more active ways of travelling around the City by walking and cycling?
Here’s how you can do it. 👇
Make it part of your day
Fitting walking or cycling into your day may be easier than you think. 😄
If you can, get off a stop early to walk the rest of your journey, take a relaxing stroll home, or hop on a cycle and enjoy some exercise on one of our cycle routes.
You’ll see so much more of London, and who knows – you might discover a new way to get to work or find a nice walk to do at the weekend! 👍
Plan your journey
Plan your walking and cycling route with ease using our handy tools. 👇
- Plan your journey helps you to find out how to get from A to B. Choose walking speeds, or easy, moderate or fast cycle routes. 🗺️
- Our TfL Go app helps you plan your walking or cycling journey on the move. 📱
- Use our cycle map to find cycle friendly routes and Streetspace routes all over London. 🚲
- Check journeys that are quicker to walk between lots of central London stations and see walking times and steps. ⏱️
- See walks between shops and attractions in the West End that are less than 20 minutes. 🛍️
- Use Nearby to see a map of where you are, search for the nearest Santander Cycle docking station and check how many cycles are available. 🚴
- Look out for Legible London maps. Blue and yellow signs on streets across London give you walking directions for short journeys. ↗️
Explore at your leisure
If walking is more your thing, we’ve got:
- 7 interesting walks for you to try that take you all over the City
- Spectacular short walks if you’re stuck for time
- Wonderful walks through parks to try
Streets with more space for you
Streetspace for London makes it easier to walk and cycle in London. 🧍↔️🧍
We’ve already widened lots of pavements, created new cycle routes, introduced Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, and there’s more to come! 👏
Hire Santander Cycles
Santander Cycles are an easy way to give cycling in London a go. You can hire a Santander Cycle from as little as £2!
To get the best value, signup for an annual membership for £90 – that’s a year of cycling for less than 25p a day!
Improve your cycle skills
Whether you’re a beginner, or a regular cyclist, you can improve your skills with our free online Cycle Skills course.