Try more active ways of travelling by walking or cycling.
Make it part of your day
Fitting walking or cycling into your day may be easier than you think. 😄
If you can, get off a stop early to walk the rest of your journey, take a relaxing stroll home, or hop on a cycle and enjoy some exercise on one of our cycle routes.
You’ll see so much more of London, and who knows – you might discover a new way to get to work or find a nice walk to do at the weekend! 👍
Plan your journey
Plan your walking and cycling route with ease using our handy tools. 👇
- Plan your journey helps you to find out how to get from A to B. Choose walking speeds, or easy, moderate or fast cycle routes. 🗺️
- Our TfL Go app helps you plan your walking or cycling journey on the move. 📱
- Use our cycle map to find cycle friendly routes all over London. 🚲
- Check journeys that are quicker to walk between lots of central London stations and see walking times and steps. ⏱️
- See walks between shops and attractions in the West End that are less than 20 minutes. 🛍️
- Use Nearby to see a map of where you are, search for the nearest Santander Cycle docking station and check how many cycles are available. 🚴
- Look out for Legible London blue and yellow signs on streets across London which show walking maps for short journeys. ↗️
Explore at your leisure
Whether you have your own cycle or want to join the thousands of people using Santander Cycles every day, you can explore London with our leisure routes. 🌳
If walking is more your thing, we’ve got 7 interesting walks for you to try that take you all over the City.
Streets with more space for you
Streetspace for London makes it easier to walk and cycle in London. 🧍↔️🧍
We’ve already widened lots of pavements and created new cycle routes, and there’s more to come! 👏
Hire Santander Cycles
Lots of people are hiring Santander Cycles so we’re adding more cycles to busy areas and more staff to help.
You can hire a Santander Cycle from as little as £2!